Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sad To Go, But Happy To Have Been Here

As I type this post for what is the last night I shall sleep under Jukka and Eriikka Kalliokoski's roof in their son Emil's bedroom, I am reflective of the amazing time I know I have had, and no doubt that my team has also had, here in Lahti.  I am gratefully blessed to have such lovely Finns welcome us in their wondrous country and generous hearts. 

I shall miss the Rotarians that shared their lives with us, especially my host family, Reino Sievala (our tour guide and friend for a trip to Estonia), Pekka (whom I hope to see at his brother Jukka's home for dinner), Johan (our tour guide and friend for a trip to Helsinki's Parliament), Sami (GSE Director), Niko Niemi (District Governor), Heidi Myllys (my attorney tour guide and friend at Kouvolo's Appeals Court), and too many others to list.  I sincerely hope you all stay in touch.

Kiitos!!!

Great times, Even Better Company
 
Chicken Enchilada Night w/Eriikka, Jukka and Emil...actual date: 4/17/13
Jukka and Erikka are such a cute couple! 
 Reino's Angels

No comments:

Post a Comment